All About Your Taxes
1. Getting Ready.
- Fillable Engagement letters and tax questionnaires are now available online! Click Here. E-sign your engagement letter as soon as possible so that we know you want HAS to prepare your tax return. Tax organizers will still be available for you to download through your client portal beginning in early January of each year for existing clients.
- New Clients: Click here to download a blank tax organizer.
- After collecting your tax return documents, upload your documents here. If you prefer to drop off your documents at our office, you can use our secure drop box at any time.
- If your year was a bit different from normal and you want to discuss it, call our office to schedule an appointment with one of our tax professionals.
- Once we have all of your necessary documents, we’ll begin processing your return.
- We will then email you a list of any questions or requests for additional information.
- Once you send the answers back to us, we will complete the return.
- Your completed return will then be reviewed by one of our tax professionals.
- Once we’ve completed your tax return, we will email you an invoice for your tax preparation fee. Click on the link in the email to pay the invoice. If we have a unique email address for you and your spouse, we will email you the E-Signature documents for your review.
- After reviewing your tax return thoroughly, E-Sign the required tax documents (If you are married, you and your spouse will both need to E-Sign). If you have questions about your return, contact our office.
- If for some reason you are not able to use the E-Signature program, your tax return will be available on your client portal for your review and signing instructions will be emailed to you.
- Once we have received notification that you have signed all the required authorization forms, we will E-File your tax return. Any needed instructions and vouchers will be printed and sent to you via regular mail.
- A complete copy of your submitted tax return will be uploaded to your secure client portal so that you can access it anywhere at any time!
Frequently Asked Questions about your tax returns.
1How long does it take to process my tax return?
Once we have ALL the taxpayer information, we can provide a complete turnaround within 1-2 weeks. Most tax returns are completed within just a few days. Note: In recent years there have been major tax, filing, and procedural changes with more expected. We make every effort to prepare your return as swiftly as we can. However, complete and accurate returns take priority over speed. So there may be some delays in your filing due to tax law changes and other circumstances beyond our control.
2What is the latest date I can get info to HAS to file by April 15?
In most cases, we can complete your filing if we get all your tax documents no later than March 31. Depending on our client volume around that time, however, there may be delays for those who get their info in just under the wire, and extensions may have to be filed in some cases.
3What happens if I cannot get my information to you by March 31?
Heintzelman Accounting Services will make every effort to remind you prior to the deadline, to get your information to us in a timely manner. However, we understand that things happen, and sometimes circumstances beyond your control can prevent you from meeting the deadline. If this is the case, contact our office to let us know, and we’ll file an extension for you.
4What if I need to file an extension and I think I will owe taxes?
HAS will work with you to try to estimate your total income and taxes due. In addition, we will prepare the vouchers you will need to mail in with your payment and extension (additional fees apply).
5Do I have to make a payment with my extension?
No. However, any taxes owed are due to the IRS by April 15 whether you have actually filed your return by that date or not. Any taxes that are not paid by April 15 are subject to late payment penalties and interest.
6What if I get a tax document in the mail after I file my return?
As a rule, we prefer not to start filing returns until all tax documents have been received. We understand that forms may be corrected, filed late, or simply forgotten. If that happens contact us with the new documents as soon as possible. We will determine whether or not your return needs to be amended and file the amended return if necessary (additional fees apply).
7What does HAS do with my sensitive documents once they receive them?
We work in a paperless environment. All documents we receive are secured electronically, and the originals are returned to the client.
What Our Clients Say
I have been a client of Heintzelman Accounting Services, Inc since April of 2010. I am very happy and pleased with the professional and personal services regularly provided to me for the past eight years. HAS manages all of my corporation and individual taxation needs in a professional yet personal manner, providing payroll services on a monthly basis and year-end accounting for preparation and filing of Form 1120S Tax Returns. With tax laws and requirements ever changing, the team of professionals at HAS maintains solid and clear communication with me on how changes impact my business and personal tax requirements and ensures that all required forms are filed in a timely manner. The staff is knowledgeable and efficient in providing solid, ethical services in a confidential manner. The personal service I receive throughout the year helps me to feel that I am more than just a "file folder" tucked away somewhere in a file cabinet in a back office.
Ready to Simplify Your Accounting?
Let's meet for coffee or schedule a video chat to find out how a partnership with HAS could help your business.